As the 2022 summer movie season continues its extended wind-down period, maybe you’re thinking wistfully about summer movie seasons of the past. Here at SportsAlcohol.com, we are near-constantly thinking about summer movie seasons of the past, as part of our ongoing project to discuss the biggest summer hits of the past 20-to-30 years. This year, it’s time to talk about summer movies of 2002. (And 1992’s turn will be coming up shortly.) It’s another transitional period for the American Summer Movie, as we see the beginning of Bourne, the end of Austin Powers, a new beginning for Adam Sandler, and the beginning of the end before the next beginning of Tom Cruise. And we’ve got an all-star crew of Nathaniel, Jeremy, Becca, Ben, Marisa, and Jesse here to talk about our experiences with these movies back in the day, and also today. Hear Ben and Nathaniel debate Attack of the Clones! Take a tour of Becca’s long-standing movie-star crushes! Find out which movie made Marisa burst into tears of fright and which movie Jeremy absolutely hated! It’s all here, in our summer movies of 2002 extravaganza!
If you need to catch up before checking out the latest and greatest, here’s the complete history of this project:
We are now up to SIX (6) different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- SportsAlcohol.com is a proud member of the Aha Radio Network. What is Aha? It’s kind of like Stitcher, but for your car.
- You can download the mp3 of the episode here.
- You can listen to the episode in the player below.
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: Top Summer Movies of 1992 - September 23, 2022
- PEARL is a pandemic horror movie, but not how you might think - September 15, 2022
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: Top Summer Movies of 2002 - August 19, 2022