At the risk of dating ourselves, the majority of the SportsAlcohol crew loves the music that was tearing up the CMJ charts during the transition of the Clinton to Bush 43 administrations because that’s when we were in college. Sabrina, Marisa, Jesse, and Me (Rob) went to see one of our favorites from that time period, The Dismemberment Plan, on their current tour when it came through New York.
We were joined by Sara. Not the Sara that has been writing great pieces for us about unlikeability (among other things), but another equally excellent Sara that we’ve been going to shows with for about fifteen years. It is just dawning on me now how many Saras with no ‘h’ Jesse knows. It’s at least three, which feels like a lot to me.
Afterwards, we sat down to talk about The Plan as well as other music from the turn of the century. What bands did we like back in the day? Which ones are still going strong and which ones fell by the wayside? What group’s lack of a promised second record is driving Sabrina insane? Was the world ever our oyster? How come Interpol is still together? All these questions and more follow.
How To Listen
- We are up to four different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast, hopefully five by the next one:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- You can download the mp3 of this episode directly here.
- If you are lazy, like a joke about Dashboard Confessional crying themselves to sleep, you can listen in the player below.
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: Bill & Ted & Trilogies - September 13, 2020
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: Billboard Charts 2000! - July 17, 2020
- The Dads of Game of Thrones, ranked from best to worst - April 26, 2019