This summer has seen the release of two entries in two of Disney’s biggest franchises, both starring major female stars who are both once-and/or-future fake redheads. Doesn’t that seem like enough to warrant a big discussion of Black Widow and Cruella?! Marisa convened a SportsAlcohol.com podcast to discuss how Black Widow fits into both the MCU and ScarJo’s career, and to figure out what the hell is going on with Cruella and why it’s a surprising fit for star Emma Stone.
During our chat, we wound up further discussion the mysterious viewership and economics of the pivot to streaming, which, in true franchise-friendly fashion, we spun out into a separate bonus episode, also available below!
We are now up to SEVEN (7) different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- SportsAlcohol.com is a proud member of the Aha Radio Network. What is Aha? It’s kind of like Stitcher, but for your car.
- You can download the mp3 of the Black Widow/Cruella episode here and the streaming-biz discussion episode here
- Our most recent episode or two will sometimes be available on our Soundcloud
- You can listen to the episodes in the players below.
Black Widow & Cruella:
The Disney Plus Premier Access Experiment:
- LAST NIGHT IN SOHO and ANTLERS on the horror elevator - October 28, 2021
- HALLOWEEN KILLS is David Gordon Green’s movie, through and through - October 14, 2021
- NYFF59 Part 1: The Worst People - September 25, 2021