Complaining about the Academy Awards has become a national pastime nearly as popular as watching the Academy Awards. SportsAlcohol.com mainstay cinephiles Nathaniel, Sara, Marisa, and Jesse got together to watch the Oscars this year, and beforehand sat down to talk about awards from Oscars past that we would have given and wished had never been given. This is not a recap of the 2016 ceremony; in fact, we talk about why that kind of dissection would stop being interesting about two minutes after the ceremony ends. Instead, we had a general discussion of what, if any, function the Academy Awards have in this day and age, as well as some of our overlooked favorites and personal vendettas. It’s shorter and (we hope?) maybe a little funnier than most Oscar ceremonies so finish off the season by giving us a listen.
How To Listen
We are now up to SIX (6) different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- SportsAlcohol.com is a proud member of the Aha Radio Network. What is Aha? It’s kind of like Stitcher, but for your car.
- You can download the mp3 of this episode directly here.
- You can listen in the player below.
- The Best Movies of 2021 - March 21, 2022
- The SportsAlcohol.dom Podcast Double Feature: Best Movies of 2021, and the Oscars - March 19, 2022
- THE BATMAN is a twelve-issue miniseries of a movie - February 28, 2022