Tom Cruise has managed to maintain a career for over three decades while appearing in just one set of sequels (so far): the Mission: Impossible series, which began in 1996 and have become, against odds including but not limited to Mission: Impossible II, his signature movie-star films. In the latest installment of the SportsAlcohol.com podcast, Marisa, Jesse, Nathaniel, and Sara (making her podcast debut!) got together after a viewing of the new Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nationn to discuss the film, as well as the overall career of Tom Cruise. We discuss:
- How Rogue Nation stacks up to its predecessors and how it brings to mind series nadir Mission: Impossible II
- How Sara, not an action movie fan, reacted to Rogue Nation
- Favorite Tom Cruise movies
- Cruise’s early “being the best at pointless skills” trilogy
- Far and Away, The Color of Money, Knight and Day, and other moments in Cruise history!
- Whether Cruise’s offscreen antics inform how we watch his films
So listen carefully and with great intensity! Just know that this podcast is full of spoilers for every Tom Cruise movie possible! Or impossible!
How To Listen
- We are now up to five different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- You can download the mp3 of this episode directly here.
- You can listen in the player below.
Latest posts by Jesse (see all)
- The Best Song of 2019 is “Harmony Hall” by Vampire Weekend - January 16, 2020
- TRACK MARKS 2019: “Want You In My Room” by Carly Rae Jepsen - January 15, 2020
- Will UNDERWATER be the last shlocky/awesome Fox genre flick? - January 9, 2020