The Coen Brothers have a new movie now playing in theaters everywhere! (At least for the moment.) Marisa, Jesse, Nathaniel, Sara, and Ben went out to see Hail, Caesar! (as we went out to see Inside Llewyn Davis back in 2013) and then got together for a chat about the new movie, our favorites (and least favorites) from the Coen filmography, the filmmakers’ pet themes, actors, and techniques, and the upcoming twentieth anniversary of Fargo — along with the FX TV series with which Jesse has some bones to pick. It’s a wide-ranging conversation, hitting Lebowski, A Serious Man, The Hudsucker Proxy, The Man Who Wasn’t There and many more! It’s a must-listen for any and all Coens fans: it really ties the room together, you betcha. (You know: for kids.)
How To Listen
We are now up to SIX (6) different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- SportsAlcohol.com is a proud member of the Aha Radio Network. What is Aha? It’s kind of like Stitcher, but for your car.
- You can download the mp3 of this episode directly here.
- You can listen in the player below.
- THE GREEN KNIGHT is a gnarly dorm-room poster I don’t know how to review - July 29, 2021
- THE SUICIDE SQUAD is a gory, beautiful reboot of the same old thing - July 28, 2021
- M. Night Shyamalan gets OLD but everyone stays the same age - July 22, 2021