- NYFF59 Part 1: The Worst People - September 25, 2021
- DEAR EVAN HANSEN has broken all contracts - September 23, 2021
- Acting, My Dear Boy: THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE and BLUE BAYOU - September 17, 2021
This week, we’ll be celebrating the best television of the year. But before we do that, let’s talk about The Newsroom. Aaron Sorkin’s anti-celebrated HBO drama ended its abbreviated run last night; Nathaniel, Maggie, and Jesse, who have seen every episode, watched it together and then sat down for a discussion, moderated by Marisa, about the episode and the series (with some long-distance questions from our upstate Sorkin correspondent Rob). We talk about what went right with The Newsroom, why Season 3 might have been its best season ever, and, oh yeah, why there was still so much about it that we found deeply frustrated. It’s a must-listen for anyone who watched The Newsroom, loved The Newsroom, hate-watched The Newsroom, or wants to hear periodic bursts of impromptu Newsroom fanfic.
How To Listen
- We are up to five different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- You can download the mp3 of this episode directly here.
- If you are lazy, like a potshot at the irresponsibility of internet journalism, you can listen in the player below.