Latest posts by Jesse (see all)
- BIRDS OF PREY and the DC Movie Visual Aesthetic - February 13, 2020
- The SportsAlcohol.com Gala Bonus MiniPodcast: Oscars 2020! - February 4, 2020
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: The Best Movies of 2019 - February 4, 2020
In the past, SportsAlcohol.com contributors have submitted top-five lists of their favorite albums of the year, from which we’ve usually been able to derive an official site Album of the Year. This year, our choices were simply too disparate. But there were a few songs that kept showing up, again and again, and we were able to cobble together this official mini-list:
The SportsAlcohol.com Top 5 Songs of 2019!
- “Harmony Hall” by Vampire Weekend
- “Juice” by Lizzo
- “Seventeen” by Sharon Van Etten
- “The Best” by Self Esteem
- “When Am I Going to Lose You” by Local Natives
“Harmony Hall” was a clear consensus favorite, so we had a quick discussion about why this particular Vampire Weekend song rose to triumph in this particular year.