Latest posts by Jesse (see all)
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: Albums of 1999 – Midnite Vultures by Beck - December 10, 2019
- Forget Widescreen: THE REPORT, WAVES, and this fall’s aspect ratio status symbols - November 15, 2019
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: 1999 Albums – Ben Folds Five and Fountains of Wayne - November 7, 2019
A few of SportsAlcohol.com’s founding editors are longtime Saturday Night Live viewers and fans, so we like to occasionally get together and check in with how the show is doing. SNL is getting record ratings this season, with special guest stars like Alec Baldwin doing his Donald Trump impression and Melissa McCarthy dropping by to play Sean Spicer. We discuss those sketches and more: what this political engagement means for a larger-than-average core cast, how Weekend Update is faring in the Funny News landscape, how this year’s group of hosts has measured up, and what sketches we feel have been overlooked in all of the political hubbub. This conversation, recorded immediately following the most recent, Baldwin-hosted episode, is a must-listen for any SNL fan.
How To Listen
We are now up to SIX (6) different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- SportsAlcohol.com is a proud member of the Aha Radio Network. What is Aha? It’s kind of like Stitcher, but for your car.
- You can download the mp3 of this episode directly here.
- You can listen in the player below.
And if you love this and want to hear some of our classic archival thoughts on Saturday Night Live, check out these previous episodes: