Latest posts by Jesse (see all)
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: Albums of 1999 – Midnite Vultures by Beck - December 10, 2019
- Forget Widescreen: THE REPORT, WAVES, and this fall’s aspect ratio status symbols - November 15, 2019
- The SportsAlcohol.com Podcast: 1999 Albums – Ben Folds Five and Fountains of Wayne - November 7, 2019
Lena Dunham’s divisive thinkpiece magnet Girls ended its six-season HBO run on Sunday, to a renewed frenzy of media attention. Several of SportsAlcohol.com’s regular podcasters have watched the entire series as it aired, so Marisa, Sara, Nathaniel, and Jesse got together to watch the finale and discuss the show. Our conversation touches upon issues such as:
- Every major character, and why it might be reductive to call any of them “the worst”
- But seriously, why does Jesse like Marnie so much?
- The series as a whole and how it ended
- Storylines we didn’t fall in love with
- What was realistic… and what wasn’t, especially if you know anything about writing workshops
- What this TV show did that other shows haven’t really done before
- Something something problematic
Basically, this episode is a must for any Girls fans still mourning the loss of their favorite show — or, for that matter, for any hatewatchers wishing someone could tell you what the fuss was about.
How To Listen
We are now up to SIX (6) different ways to listen to a SportsAlcohol podcast:
- You can subscribe to our podcast using the rss feed.
- I’m not sure why they allowed it, but we are on iTunes! If you enjoy what you hear, a positive comment and a rating would be great.
- I don’t really know what Stitcher is, but we are also on Stitcher.
- SportsAlcohol.com is a proud member of the Aha Radio Network. What is Aha? It’s kind of like Stitcher, but for your car.
- You can download the mp3 of this episode directly here.
- You can listen in the player below.